Thursday, March 09, 2006

And Away We Go...



Finally I'm home! Tuesdays and Thursdays I am at work until 6pm and then have Spanish class until 9:20pm. I'm beat but I wanted to share my pics. I have wanted to knit a pair of cabled socks from Interweave Magazine for myself for a long time. Mountain Colors sock yarn is so soft and wonderful. Anyhow, now that I have them knitted I think they are too nice to wear and will probably save them for a gift. Who will be the lucky one? Hmmm? My desire to knit socks have waned a bit with the addition of the alpaca tweed yarn but I will soon have to get back to socks. They are excellent bus projects and now that I have the reputation of the knitting lady on the Los Angeles 754 route I must not disappoint my fellow commuters.

The other reason I must get back to socks soon is that I am a member of the Six-Sox-KnitAlong. I am definitely not up-to-date with the newest sock, but I'll catch up soon. The first pair of socks I made in this group were green and gray "In the Shadow of Love" socks. I liked the method of shadow knitting so much I want to try to create my own pattern . The next sock pattern for the group has beads and I've never knitted with beads before.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home