Saturday, August 11, 2007

All the wonderful patterns


The Fall 2007 Interweave Knits is fantastic. There are so many patterns I want to knit. My absolute favorite is the Tangled Yoke Cardigan. Simple with that startlings beautiful cable accent. Oh how lovely! I even think I have some stash yarn that would work perfectly! Its a silk/cotton tweed when the pattern calls for Merino/alpaca/viscose tweed, but I don't think that will matter. It seems to me that everything the Eunny Jang designs is perfect. So Tangled Yoke Cardigan is firmly on my "to knit" list.

I've also considered the Minimalist Cardigan, but I think I'll have to go for the Tangle Yoke before the Minimalist. The swatch you sent for the Minimalist is perfect. I wouldn't change it at all. The drapiness of the alpaca will be minimized by the Moss Stitch and the fuzziness of the alpaca will soften the look of the sweater. I also think a tighter gauge would not be needed. How's that for definitive. I can't wait to see the progress photos.

I finished the Looking Glass sweater.....and it fits! I didn't trust my instinct and it worked. I don't know if that is something to celebrate but perhaps I'm getting better at figuring the gauge and sizing. I'll have pictures soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home