Sunday, July 29, 2007

Summer Fun

This summer has been the summer of visiting and traveling. Calen arrived at the end of June and stayed with Jeff and I for three weeks. Two weeks here in LA and one week in Ohio to visit the grandparents and to celebrate his birthday. We had a great time. I was able to take two weeks off and Calen and I did whatever we wanted. Here's Calen on his first day here. His mother gave him a Nano for his birthday so he and I compared tunes.
Then off we headed for the beach. It's so nice to be so close to the beach. We splashed about. Calen was definitely more adventurous than I was in terms of getting in the water. Taking in a Southern California beach

A big hit for all was the Chocolate Fountain near the La Brea Tar Pitsand learning that Los Angeles is ostentatious with all it has to offer. Hollywood Boulevard Yikes!


Then we headed to Ohio! Calen is TWELVE YEARS OLD! Good Heavens!

After Ohio Calen headed for another couple weeks in MIchigan with Aunt Dana and Jeff and I headed for Kansas City, MI for a grant meeting for me and lucky we got in a bit of relaxation at a pretty park. Here's JeffLounging at a park near Liberty Missouri

Butterflies aplenty

Bette liked it too. Yes Bette travels with us almost everywhere.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home