Sunday, July 22, 2007

Nestbuilding

I just got back from Edisto beach where I pretty much remained motionless until I finished the final Harry Potter novel. Have you finished?!

Contrary to the quietness on my end, I have been getting some knitting done. I've found the perfect use for those sock yarn leftovers that were taking up room in my stash-- baby socks! I cranked out two pairs of unisex striped socks for my layette. I also couldn't resist this adorable onesie that I spotted on the Ferdinand Homestore website. This is the first thing I have purchased for my layette and not knit out of stash. This seems like a big step? I found this site when I wondered where the people from Interweave get all of their cute clothing to pair with the handknits. It was mentioned in the editor's notes. Speaking of Interweave, the fall preview is up... I can't wait for Eunny Jang's first issue as editor! Her cardigan looks like it's going to be my favorite of the new issue.
Here are the socks that I knitted while in Peru, from plane ride to plane ride.


In other crafting, I finally finished my wine corkboard. I took the hardware off of a print that did not make it up on the walls of our new place...

I'm hoping to get D. to hang it up tonight. I acquired another bag-full of corks from my family's restaurant-bar, so I will probably get started on a trivet or coasters or another cork project.

So... Sea Socks? What of the husbys? Does J. want to go? I might even be able to finagle free air fair out to Seattle by using freqent flyer miles. I can just see us on the deck of a cruise ship in our cabled cardigans and Lendrum wheels.
Speaking of spinning, did you ever get something in the mail? Also, I'm thinking of signing up for this weekend-long spinning workshop at John C. Campbell Folk School in the mountains near Asheville in April 2008.
Also, we have found another potential "starter" home that may work for us. We are going to look at it tonight. It is not a perfect fit-- there will need to be some reconciling-- but it has lots of amenities that match our lifestyle. Namely, a dishwasher, 1900 ft. workshop (where we can hide all of our junk-- VW van, kayaks, canoe, four-wheeler, surfboard, etc!), affordable mortgage payment, established garden plot with a muscadine vine, 4.32 acres, and it even has a little above-ground pool with a deck to help keep cool. The downside is that is located on a fairly busy road and the style of the house is not really what we had imagined in our dreamhome. However, if the inside is as updated and liveable as the website indicates, then we may make an offer and start the negotiation process! If all this house needs is a fresh coat of paint, then that may seal the deal for us. Here she is from the roadside--






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home