Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Clapotis Number 1 - Dawn

So I've decided that I just love knitting Clapotis. So much so that I'm currently on Number 2 and have plans for a number 3. There's just something about dropping those stitches that I just love.



Clapotis Number 1 is made from the Mohair I bought at SAFF. The thing is so long that I can wrap is 3 times and if I just hang it over my neck it touches the floor on both sides. I've had people offer me money on the street for it and not just a couple bucks either, but the answer is NO No No it is mine mine mine, that is until I give it away to someone I love, though first I'll wear it to test it out for a year or two. Here it is hanging off the walkway in front of our condo door. Don't you just love how the colors come out. Ooh la la.

Clapotis number 2 is being made with the rest of my Golden Chai from Art Fibers. I decided that another garment that will grow exponentially should definitely be a shawl. I don't have a picture of it yet but maybe tomorrow. The tee that I made first with the Golden Chai will be altered but I haven't figured out how. I don't want to frog it, but given its current size (which is way bigger than I ever want to be) I won't be wearing it anytime soon.


Let's become pattern writers. I've got lots of ideas, just haven't had the motivation, but if I'm working on it with you then I'll have to find the motivation.

Did I tell you I've been offered a promotion? Director

It's not solid yet but yikes, hopefully soon I'll be a Director. HAH!

In the meantime I can't wait to see what you decide to make with the Briarose. I've been salivating over that yarn and with your graduation I finally had a good reason to splurge. Glad you like it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home