Tuesday, August 14, 2007

I *heart* leftovers

What's for lunch today? Well, coffee first... then I'll think about food. There's a wonderful pot of leftover homemade spaghetti sauce and pesto-from-the-garden-drenched pasta.. Yummm... I've slept in late, and I'm all set to spend the day knitting and packing. Or, plan B is to take a shower and head to Charleston to spend this gift certificate for Knit that has been burning a hole in my pocket.

In the meantime, I've been knitting up yarn leftovers. I spent the weekend on Edisto Island and in between reading garden magazines and herb encyclopedias... I made a Heart Sachet, a free pattern from IK that has been in my pattern binder for a long time. It was a good deal of work to put into a project so small that is designed to be tucked away. However, I enjoyed learning how to make mitered squares and making something out of nothing, in a sense. The sachet only cost $1.50 for the lavender! Of my leftovers from the Cherry Tree Hill socks (finished last summer in Humbolt,) I made a cute little pair of baby socks and a lavender sachet. I must admit, I want one for every drawer and suitcase I own. My mother-in-law and I are discussing starting a lavender garden when I get settled in my new place.


Here's what I accomplished:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home