Saturday, October 13, 2007

Knitting Things Done goes to Ravelry!

I know there are other AmeriCorps Knitters out there, so, off to Ravelry to connect with a larger community. Today I started a group on Ravelry. I want to know what future, current, and past AmeriCorps members are up to . Can we work together in some way to continue serving our communities. When I saw the Yarn Harlot in Los Angeles, she told a story about raising funds for a charity and how the community of knitters that read her blog were able to astonish others as to their willingness to contribute. There are millions of knitters/crafter out there and we recognize the impact that even small actions can have when repeated over and over again. Whether we a creating an amazingly detailed cable pattern or changing our communities. So I hope that we can see a Knitting Things Done community grow on Ravelry.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home