Saturday, June 03, 2006

No knitting to report


OHHHHHHH! Your knitting is looking absolutely beautiful! I just said to Jeff that I need to pick up my needles and get busy. I was salivating over your pics. Trouble is that my right arm is causing me quite a problem. I’ve had trouble sleeping lately because of the consistent gnawing pain from my shoulder down to my finger tips. I think that it had a lot to do with my computer set up at my crappy job and should start to clear up soon because I’m no longer at that crappy job, but until then I’m trying not to knit. Too bad for Jeff because I was in the middle of a pair of socks for Jeff (a cotton pair for the summer) when the arm thing just became too… ARGH! I will however be participating in World Wide Knit in Public Day, check it out. I will be knitting in public in Santa Monica. Should be fun. Also I haven't forgotten about the Fiber Fair in October you wrote about. I want to come and I'm planning on it. So keep it on your Calendar too.

I do want to try spinning some of Shayly's fleece. Send me some. Perhaps that will be a little easier on my arm. Until then I'll tell you about my new job in Nursing. HA! in nursing. You must have been sending your nursing vibes my way. So I'm now working at Santa Monica College in the Health Sciences Department at a Project Manager, check out my website. It's under construction but you can see a little of what I'll be doing. The other perks of working at Santa Monica College is that I've been riding my bike to work (5.33 miles one way) I'm home in 30 minutes instead of an hour on the bus. Admittedly the ride home in traffic is somewhat terrifying but I'm getting used to it and I'm beginning to think about doing the California AIDS Ride next year. We are going to the closing ceremonies this year on June 10th to get ramped up. When I did the Boston to New York ride the closing ceremonies was just fabulous. I met a student at LACC that had done that ride too. We were commiserating about the hurricane that year and he told me he did the California ride a couple of years ago and that it was great. So now I have a goal. Ride my bike from San Francisco to Los Angeles.

Jeff and I have started a housing search and its quite depressing. We looked at a condo near where we are currently renting that was $329,000. It is 800 sq. feet one bed one bath apartment style condo built in the 70's with the original orange shag carpent and cork wall treatments overlooking a parking lot. Lovely! HA! $329,000 for a tiny little crap hole. It's a sad thing when two professionals with good jobs can't afford a place to live that's not a falling apart shack in the hood.

Anyhow, keep the knitting up! You inspire me! and send some fleece my way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home