Saturday, June 03, 2006

Prairie Tunic and Works in Progress

I finished the Prairie Tunic in time for LEAF but I'm just now getting around to photograph it... I'm pleased with the finished results. I went to Knit in Charleston and learned how to mattress seam a garment-- I've been rigging everything up to this point, pretty much. So I'm turning over a new leaf, Knitting Things Done Properly.





I love the back of this top. I knitted the smallest size of the pattern (in IK spring 2006) with no modifications. There was a correction needed in the pattern-- found here. I lined the front so it wasn't scandalous with nothing on underneath.

As soon as I finished this top (and promptly put it on at LEAF,) I started Green Gable from Zephyr Style, inspired to knit one by the version at A Mingled yarn.


I think it will be a nice, clean-looking top that goes with nearly anything in my closet. I'm using the suggested yarn, Brown Sheep's Cotton Fleece. It's my first time using this yarn, and I like the way it feels and the price. Good deal.

Here's a shot of me knitting at LEAF... ahhh bliss!



I've been doing a little bit of sewing-- making a kimono/bathrobe out of some fabric I got in Ghana years ago. It's going to be beautiful, if I ever get her finished!



Here are some other fruits of my labor...





What's knitting on the left coast? Do tell... How's the new job?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home