Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Not so Swell

Have you seen the new Knitty? The Yarn Harlot included a fiber festival survival guide... I am dreaming of October, which I predict will be a big month for me. Two of my dear friends are getting married, the South Carolina Student Nurses' Convention will be held in Charleston, and let's not forget SAFF! Not to mention, the Be Good Tanyas will release a much-anticipated new album on the 10th, and I get two days off for Halloween... Well, not technically for Halloween, but that's good enough for me. So I'll have Monday and Tuesday off following SAFF... To top it all off... it will be Autumn. I'm ready for the end of muggy, mosquito-ridden summer (and heavily air-conditioned, butt-flattening summer school.)

There were two other things in Knitty that piqued my interest... Tulip toes and Swell. I think Tulip toes would be the perfect handknit for the summer baby. I started Swell (in size medium, as pictured) to give 2-color knitting a try. It's been a partially good experience-- I'm through the colorwork chart and ready to begin decreasing for the crown, but I didn't take time to do gauge... sooooo the hat would probably fit a small child. C'est la vie. I'm so tickled with the results of the colorwork that I'll treasure the hat forever in my cedar chest or donate it to someone somewhere cold and knit another. Pictures to come in my next post. Also, Green Gable is finished!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home