Wednesday, July 05, 2006

SAFF, here we come!

I took beginning spinning with Julie Wilson last year (and I bought my Lendrum from her) and I HIGHLY recommend her class. She is a special ed teacher, and she did a really wonderful job with the class. I want to take "Spinning--the Next Steps," which means I need to get a lot of practicing in between now and then. I would love to take the Fair Isle knitting class with you too. I'm trying to be practical, and two classes is about all I will be able to afford and still have funds to do some shopping once we arrive.

Also, we have to build in time to do Asheville!

I have bad news about my status as a shepherdess... Shayly is no longer with us. She was attacked by wild dogs or coyotes apparently. We have been looking for her for several weeks and our neighbor found her remains. It was a pretty gruesome site. I am mourning the loss of a very personality-filled animal who just happened to produce wool. I also really enjoyed having my very own sheep, which made me feel like I was delving deeper into the craft.

Here is a picture of my girl in all her glory.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home