Thursday, May 03, 2007

Almost a Knurse!

Today is my last day of nursing school! I'm in the media center right now, doing the last five hours of NCLEX-RN review that is required to graduate.... and doing some bad, bad internet yarn shopping... you know what that means... I just bought this fabulous sock yarn, inspired by the socks knitted up at this blog. More sock yarn is probably the last thing I need, but I could not resist this beauty. I saw that many websites had it back-ordered-- I panicked-- and clicked "purchase."

I got the 75% wool/25% polyamide blend that is knitted up on #1 needles. I have found that the sock yarns with large percentages of cotton fade badly... but maybe this is because I was washing them in the machine, a habit I have abandoned.

I have two skeins of Trekking XXL sock yarn to finish knitting before I can start these!

What's knitting? I have finished Rusted Root-- pictures to come!-- and have knitted about 11 inches of the front of the "Lacy Skirt With Bows" from Greetings from the Knit Cafe. After some consideration, I decided I should knit the medium size instead of the small. It looks like a child's garment on my needles. Also, I want a more A-line fit. I have found lots of helpful information at the blog Mind of Winter. She knitted the small size in the same yarn I am using, Twisted Sisters Daktari cotton. I think we are about the same size, but I don't want a fitted-look... I think I have some frogging to do...

Also, we booked our flight for the belated honeymoon to Peru! I'm so excited-- and you know one of the first thoughts to pop into my head, "What should I pack to knit?" Perhaps, my new Opal Hundertwasser socks?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home