Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Ooo La La KidSilk Haze

I recently contacted a friend from High School that I haven't seen in over six years and that was just at my home town County Fair by accident. She lives in Ohio with her husband and 4 children. Yikes 4 children. So after a reconnection I feel that a knitted gift is in order and you know I'm always looking for more reasons to buy more yarn and knit more. So here's Kristie's Red Shrug in the making. Kristie is going through Chemo treatments so my first thought was to make her a chemo cap because it is so damn cold in Ohio, but then I saw this pattern and I thought "soft and beautiful." So I hope Kristie likes shrugs and the yarn is Rowan Kidsilk Haze, Oooo La La. No more to say there. So I bought the yarn on Saturday and immediately started knitting.
Here's my progress. I am always amazed at how fast a lace object knits up. I'm over 7 inches in and I feel like it was magic. I definitely need to do more lace knitting. I want to be able to get this to Kristie before the holidays start in force. Can I "knit it done" before the end of November? The race is on. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home