Saturday, January 12, 2008

Gifts


After a long break from blogging, I am back. For the last several months I've been sucked into Ravelry and have putting other websites on hold. Even though I haven't been writing about my knitting, I have been knitting like crazy. These pictures are of my newest project. My friend from Boston, Julia, knows just what I like. Yarn and a cute little project are excellent gifts for me. I started this project just a few minutes after opening the box. Isn't it adorable?! I finish the main part of the hat that very night and the next day started the scarf. I'll add the cherries after all the main pieces are finished. I also have a deadline of February 28th, Dana Elizabeth's birthday. I think I'll make it. The yarn is Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran. It's lovely and I must find another project for myself using it.

So I'm almost too excited to write about another gift I got. This one was from Jeff. I've been pining away for one of these and thought I'd be pining for much longer and then I opened this box on Christmas morning and nearly cried.



Isn't it absolutely beautiful. I started spinning with it almost immediately. I'm still getting used to its weight, but it just goes and goes and goes!


It's a Golding! Walnut 1.9 oz Heavenly!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home