Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Findings

I stopped by my LYS yesterday while I was in town for the pinning ceremony practice. You can probably tell where this story is going... Several new things from Cascade had arrived and I went home with some serious yardage.

I adored this somewhat conservative striped sock yarn when I saw it knitted up at a yarn store in Asheville, NC back in April. I think it would make a nice unisex pair of socks for Dana and me.

Also I decided it was time to knit a sweater for the husband, since the boyfriend curse no longer applies. Here's what I got for the "River Forest Gansey" from Handknit Holidays.

I thought this design was one of the most handsome textured sweater patterns I've seen for men. It's complex enough to hold my interest, but doesn't look to fierce to tackle. I will even do a gauge swatch for this project!

My new Summer IK arrived in the mail yesterday, and I have to say that I'm not interested in knitting many items from it. However, I was excited about the toe-up sock article. My favorite design is actually the sleeveless tuxedo shirt.

There is probably no way that the Lacy Skirt With Bows will be ready for LEAF. I'm only to the stockinette portion of the front panel. I will keep knitting and see...

Here are my findings: these wonderful buckets came from an abandoned trailer in the woods! Two of them are not "sea worthy" so they will probably be containers for herbs and tomatoes this summer.


Also my sister gave me this early birthday present that she found in the woods, as well. I love this mirror and want to keep it in its rustic form... We decided that we like the negative space on the bottom. It may hang over the bed? I'm not sure where to put it yet... It does need a little more TLC. Don't look to closely or you'll find me out in the yard in my pajamas...


In my next post, I'll give you the tour of my new house...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home