Monday, July 24, 2006

Knitted Done - Lindsey

I finished the Swell hat except for the ties and weaving the ends in (which I HATE doing... I used to hate seaming until I learned the proper way so maybe I need someone to show me how to weave in ends. It always looks very visible to me and sometimes the ends pop out after a few wearings.)

Here she is!


I also finished Kate from Winter Knitty. This was intended to be a Christmas gift for my neice who is obsessed with cats-- To her, all cats are named Elvis. She also likes to pretend that she's a cat and bat my yarn around the house with her paws weaving around the table legs and under furniture. This cat has been sitting around unassembled for too long, so I took her on vacation and sewed her up. "Elvis" can be seen here enjoying a leisurely afternoon on my new yellow front porch chair, a birthday gift from my father-in-law.




I have made a vow to myself not to purchase any yarn until SAFF in October. This is an attempt to save money (for a shopping blow-out at SAFF) but also to get some of these unfinished projects Knitted Done. The one exception to this rule is getting "free" yarn in exchange for teaching the beginning knitting class at the Orangeburg Pharmacy. Ok there is another small exception-- I can buy dishcloth cotton from the change I find in my darling husband's filthy work pants when I am dutifully and lovingly doing his laundry.

Soooo since there hasn't been much action on the knitting front due to summer school, I grabbed a couple of things at the pharmacy after I taught a class on Saturday afternoon. Many of the Berocco yarns are not my style, but I love their new Ultra Alpaca, which is fifty alpaca, fifty wool... This color is almost identical to the yarn that you and I purchased for your fair-isle sweater and my labrynith scarf.

4 skeins for Knitty's Forecast... with modifications like this...

I've knitted up four more squares for the Community Quilt in Handknit Holidays. I think this brings me to a whopping total of 20-- My goals being 48... I'll spare you yet another picture of the unfinished Community Quilt since this is a post entitled "Knitted Done."

In the works is the Baby Bolero from One Skein. Right now, it looks like this mess:


It's supposed to look like this:


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home