Sunday, October 08, 2006

Besides Knitting...

Well my knitting has been hodge-podge and not very well-documented here lately. I'm finishing up some projects for my little pal Rowan who just celebrated his first birthday. These are things I started when he was still in utero! I knitted a big shawl for my sister out of my first handspun yarn. She took it up to NYC before I could get a a picture of it in action... Soooo, here's some non-knitting content for you.

The horses are enjoying eating the end of the summer garden. We haven't done anything so far for a fall garden but I'm aiming to put some broccoli, collards, and some salad greens in the ground at the very least, even if I have to buy expensive "starts" in order to get it done.





Here's our Cafe Bustelo herb garden. I don't know if it will do anything but I love these coffee cans. I couldn't resist...





I've been such a spoiled brat here lately. I don't know what it is, and I'm sure I don't deserve it-but I'm not going to complain either! Let me show you what I'm talking about.

My older sister brought me back this lovely & amazing vase from her recent trip to Romania (as well as surprises from her recent trips to Hong Kong and NYC...) Here is summer's last bouquet of zinnias.


Also when I was driving down the road the other day, I stopped at this old house where these people were cleaning, and I asked them if they were getting rid of their old metal porch furniture-- And they GAVE it to me! The pieces are in need of a little TLC but they match perfectly with my purple glider, so I have a little project cut out for me (and my father-in-law.)

Aren't they beauties? They bounce.



Here's my purple glider in case you forgot... Also, this provides a bit of perspective on the chairs, don't you think? I love porch furniture so much that I keep in indoors.


The big news regarding new furniture does have a knitting-related aspect to it... But I'm not revealing my secret purchase until I can post a picture. So you'll just have to stay put there on the edge of your seat.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home