Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Rusted Root Debut


here is rusted root in all her glory.... but not modeled by moi. Ah, the joy of the dressform-- I wish I were as curvy as my dressform!

Pattern: Rusted Root from Zephyr Style in size small

Yarn: 6 skeins Pima Tencel by Cascade Yarns in color #7013 (teal)

Knitting Things Done Time: St Patty's Day to April 29, 2007

Modifications: I substituted the yarn based on what I could get for barter at my LYS. Also, I knitted it longer than the pattern suggested, so I wouldn't be constantly tugging at it. I knitted the sleeves flat and worked them back and forth in rows instead of in the round... this was because I didn't have the required needles... not really for design purposes. I knitted more ribbing on the sleeves than suggested. The ribbing on the sleeves and at the hips was worked using #3 needles instead of #4 because I was using what I had. I had a friend do a single crochet around the neckline instead of the suggested ribbing because I wanted to keep the romantic, wider necklice.

Comments: Lovely! I wish my sleeves were poofier however... Also, the yarn was shedding while I knitted, so I am somewhat concerned about how the garment will hold up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home