Thursday, May 17, 2007

Half'a Lacy Skirt

I've made some progress on the Lacy Skirt (pictured here without bows.) The front panel is complete. This project is very soothing to knit. I memorized the simple lace after about four rows, and the skirt is mostly boring stockinette stitch. I have had some difficulty with the yarn for this project because I changed pattern sizes in midstream. I contacted the Yarn Market to order a fifth skein and what came in the mail could not have been the Daktari Cappuccino colorway. It was a greeny-gold color! Yikes! I sent it back... I think it may have been a mislabeled skein of Twisted Sister's Black Gold colorway. I hope, hope, hope I do not have difficulties with this fifth skein! I want to finish this project so I can begin something new. I can't believe I ever thought I would have her finished by LEAF... Now I'm just shooting to have it completed by our honeymoon to Peru! I can't wait to see what Peru is like from a knitter's perspective. Any what handknits to pack? Certainly some handknit socks for hiking and being in the mountains... Clapotis... and hopefully my new skirt. I think socks are the perfect travelling project.
Next in my queue (what I'm hinting around the house about as my birthday present) is the Lacy Hug Me Tight from Knit 2 Together. I thought this book was going to be some kind of joke when I saw the cover... I was so surprised to see how beautiful the projects were inside.

I haven't decided if I want to go the affordable route (Knit Picks Elegance) or the suggested Blue Sky Alpaca Silk. I want a cream, gray, beige, or faint pink color... I've seen several beautiful versions on craftster.org. Have you listened to the new Knit Picks podcast? I enjoy Kelley Petkun's voice. How can I get a job there?! I miss the northwest-- I'd go back in a skinny minute. What perfect knitter's weather. I also recently signed up for the waiting list for Ravelry. I was so disappointed when I tried to post a pic of the finished Rusted Root on Craftster, it said that I had not posted enough times to have picture privileges! AH!

I have so many good books in the queue at the library... I'm waiting on No Sheep for You by Amy Singer of Knitty, Fitted Knits by Stephanie Japel of Glampyre Knits, and the new Koigu book, Knits from a Painter's Palette. I can't wait for some new inspiration...

Also, tomorrow night I'm going to see Sarah Lee Guthrie (the granddaughter of the late, great Woody Guthrie and the daughter of Arlo Guthrie) and her husband Johnny Irion in Columbia tomorrow night!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home